One of the buildings on the campus of Purdue University is getting renamed. The School of Chemical Engineering will now be known as the Charles D. Davidson School of Chemical Engineering. The new name comes after Davidson and his wife, Nancy, donated $20 million to the university.
The money will come from a number of endowments and will be used for specific purposes at the school. Among these are the recruitment and retainment of instructors, developing new research and teaching programs, and increased support for graduate students.
Davidson earned a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from Purdue in 1972. Afterwards, he went on to have a successful career as an executive in the oil and energy field. He served as Senior Vice President of the Eastern District for ARCO Oil from 1992-1993. Davidson was also the President and Chief Executive Officer of Vastar Resources, Inc. from 1997 to 2000. After serving in that capacity, he became Chief Executive Officer of Samedan Oil Corporation, retiring from that post in 2015. Harvard Business Review named Davidson one of the world’s 100 best performing CEOs. Your text to link…
Purdue’s School of Chemical Engineering was founded in 1911. It recently built a five-story addition to its current facility for expanded research and education opportunities. Areas of research at the school include nanotechnology, tissue engineering and imaging, biomolecular engineering, and polymers.